A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
Friday & Saturday
27th & 28th April 2018
Bringing you a selection of ever popular songs
from some of the best West End and Broadway Musicals
Call 0151 342 4718 to order
Wallasey CH44 1AQ
Productions & Auditions
St Pauls are always looking for new members. If you are interested in joining us, either as a playing member for the shows and concerts, or in a non-playing capacity - assisting with the various behind-the-scenes tasks, backstage or front of house, then pop down to our Tuesday rehearsals 7.45pm at Grosvenor Annexe, Grosvenor Street. Wallasey
Ch44 1AQ or email Claire our secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
Friday 27th & Saturday 28th April 2018 - 7.30pm
Grosvenor Ballroom, Grosvenor Street, Wallasey CH44 1AQ
The singers and chorus of St Pauls will not only bring you a selection of songs and music from some of the best loved WEST END and BROADWAY musicals but also some iconic and celebrated songs from well known recording artists.
We are delighted to be joined by pupils from the award winning Stage One 2000 Musical Youth Theatre for this production.
Seating is Cabaret style and a licensed bar will be available each night.
Tickets £8 - call 0151 342 4718 to order
Open auditions for our production of "OLIVER!" at the Gladstone Theatre, Port Sunlight
25th - 27th October 2018 will held on Sunday 8th April at the Grosvenor Annexe, Grosvenor Street, Wallasey CH44 1QA..
Separate auditions will be held for children aged 7 to 16 at 10.30am
(all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian,)
Adult auditions aged 16 and over at 2.00pm.
For audition parts please either call 0151 677 2895 or email email@example.com.
Principal Characters (* Denotes principal vocal part)
* Oliver Twist – Playing age undersized 13. Ideally 9-11.
* Mr Bumble – The Beadle – Large pompous man, aged 55ish. Could be padded.
* Widow Corney – Workhouse Mistress - Sharp-tongued, domineering widow of 50ish.
* Mr and Mrs Sowerberry - Undertakers. 40ish. The clue is in the name! She is his overseer.
Noah Claypole - Undertaker's apprentice. Mid to late teens. Unprepossessing and a bully.
Charlotte - Undertakers' daughter. Mid to late teens. Sluttish!
* The Artful Dodger - Playing age an undersized 18. Ideally 14+ Fagin's brightest pupil.
* Fagin - An elderly receiver. Usually with strong Jewish / East End Accent.
Needs strong characterization. Not warm and cuddly!
* Nancy - Early twenties, could be younger. An ex-pupil of Fagin's. Now lives with Bill Sykes.
Needs to be able to show a range of emotions. Must show strength and weakness.
* Bill Sykes - A villain in his prime. Needs to be physically big.
Is a bully and a thug who radiates menace.
Mr Brownlow - An elderly gentleman of wealth and breeding.
Dr Grimwig - Again the clue is in the name!. A medical doctor, middle-aged to elderly.
* Mrs Bedwin - Mr Brownlow's Housekeeper. Late middle-age to elderly. Kind.
* Bet - Early to mid-teens. Another of Fagin's pupils. Idolizes Nancy
Old Sally - Workhouse pauper [dying]
Old Lady - Workhouse pauper
* Street Criers
A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES
Guaranteed to capture your imagination, we will entertain and delight you ‘cabaret style’ through a musical journey from some of the most well-known movies: Whistle Down the Wind with Peter Pan and The Jersey Boys; be haunted by Ghost then Breakfast at Tiffany’s with Shrek; hear Pitch Perfect songs from Alfie and Oliver; sprinkle Stardust on Beaches with The Spy Who Loved Me and many more.
This fabulous production features our own singers and dancers and for the first time we are proud to work in collaboration with Stage One 2000 – you’re in a for a cinematic treat.